What is a Canadian PR visa?
Canada PR visa is given to immigrants who have the right to stay, work and live in Canada with no stay limit. For an immigrant to obtain a PR visa, he/she must apply to the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
The IRCC grants the PR to individuals based on several factors such as career opportunities, security, quality of living, environment etc. To find out more information, do not hesitate to give Star Immigration a call today.
Canada Permanent Resident Visa benefits?
You might have to meet certain entry requirements to apply for a visitor visa. The requirements change from person to person depending on their situation, purpose, and other details. Although some of the common ones are as follows:
- Live, work and settle in Canada without any restrictions
- Earn double of what you are earning now
- If married, your spouse and children can also fly with you without any additional family visa
- Your children get free education, and your spouse gets the right to work for any company in Canada as well
- Canadian government sponsors medical treatments for your and the entire family
- After staying for three years, you get to become a Canadian citizen
5 main categories for Canadian permanent residents:
- Express entry: Through certain economic immigration programs, the express entry program manages applications for permanent residence for immigrants who can apply for jobs where there is a lack of skilled Canadian workers available
- Business immigration : Canada’s business immigration program is for those immigrants and newcomers who have experience in owning, managing, or investing in businesses in Canada.
- Family class immigration : Through several sponsorship programs, Canadian citizens and permanent residents can sponsor their family members to immigrate to Canada.
- Canadian experience class : The Canadian experience class (CEC) is an immigration program aimed to help temporary foreign workers and foreign students to apply their work experience and education towards their applications for permanent residency.
- Provincial nominee program : The provincial nominee program or PNP is a program for workers who have the skills, education, and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific Canadian province or territory.
Receiving a Canadian PR card:
Your permanent resident card can be used to show that you have PR status in Canada. If you travel outside Canada, you will need to present your PR card and your passport when you come back on a commercial vehicle, like an airplane, boat, train, or bus. Those travelling outside Canada who do not have a valid PR card, or who are not carrying it, need to apply for a permanent resident travel document before returning to Canada by a commercial vehicle.
A PR card is usually issued for five years but can sometimes be issued for one year instead. It is valid until the expiry date listed on the card. Canada only sends PR cards to addresses within the country. In some cases, you may have to pick up your card in person at one of the Canadian government offices. If you find a mistake on your PR card, you can ask for it to be reissued. At times, we shorten a name on the card if it is too long to fit.
For further enquiries, do not hesitate to get in touch with a member of our team today. Give us a call to schedule an appointment with our consultant.
Call to action:
Looking to obtain a PR visa? Contact the team at Star Immigration today to make your PR process hassle-free. We also help clients by making their immigration process easy and less challenging.